Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
Sessions with Kathy in Fulbourn:
- Individual Counselling: £55.00 per 1 hour session
- Couples Counselling : £60.00 per 1 hour session ( pro rata for 1.5 hours).
- Supervision /Professional Consultancy: £55.00 per hour (pro rata for 1.5 hours)
Sessions with Wendy in Thriplow:Individual Counselling/Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: £60.00 per 1 hour session.
For those on low income I do offer a limited number of lower cost sessions and have a sliding scale. Please contact me to discuss.
Please note that we review our fees annually.
What does confidentiality mean?Confidentiality means that anything you discuss with your counsellor will not be revealed to anyone else without your specific consent. All counsellors are supervised, this is a requirement of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) to ensure competent and ethical practice, but we discuss cases and not people. On very rare occasions, it may not be possible to keep confidentiality, specifically:
- Where you give consent for the confidence to be broken.
- Where compelled by a court of law.
- Where you are believed to be a danger to yourself or where another person is believed to be at risk (this would not normally happen without first being discussed with you).